Product Full Description
Newer understanding of medical therapies and their side effects are covered in Chapter 1, including side effects with finasteride, use of Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), new medical protocols for women, etc. The heart of this book really is Chapter 2, the operative chapter, which has been extensively revised. Beyond the introduction of bioenhancement methodology, I added new sections to encompass subtle but profound evolutionary changes in my techniques, which would be too numerous to cite herein. Along with these many changes in techniques, there are revisions in videos to help the surgeon study the methodology in a way that I do not believe can be conveyed in a written text alone. Chapter 4, is completely rewritten, presenting new case studies that are updated and reflect my change in operative technique.
Chapter 5 represents a new addition altogether that did not exist in the first edition. This chapter focuses on helping the reader practice hairline design using stepwise instruction and recipient-site creation on melons to improve one’s skills.
The second edition Hair Transplant 360 for Physicians, Volume 1 is completely revised and expanded, featuring extensive discussion on bioenhancement technology, including, Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), ACell Matristem Micromatrix, Liposomal ATP, etc. in addition, entirely new information on medical therapy is discussed in Chapter , including updates on finasteride, prostaglandins, female therpaies, Low-Level Laser Therpay, etc. Operative techniques in Chapter 2 as well as Postoperative techniques in Chapter 3 have been further expanded and completely revised, and new case studies are presented in Chapter 4. Chapter 5 is a new chapter that teaches studetnts the stepwise procedure of performing hairline design on human models and recipient-site creation on a melon. Videos have also been thoroughly revised and expanded.
• Understanding when it is safe and beneficial to operate and when to forgo the procedure (medical hair loss conditions, the dilemma of the young patient, scarring alopecia, etc.)
• Understanding Male and Female Pattern Baldness
• Medical Management of Hair Loss
• Hair Design (principles, artistic, ethnic, and gender variations; step-by-step techniques)
• Donor Harvesting (graft calculation, determining area for harvest, understanding and using different harvest techniques, when o perform a trichophytic closure; step-by-step technique)
• Postoperative Care, Identifying and Managing Complications
• Creating Standardized Hair-Transplant Photography
• Leadership, Office Management, and Marketing
• Quality Control Algorithm for the Physicians
• Case Studies, emphasizing creative approach to hair restoration
• 7 full-length videos converting every major aspect of hair surgery including hairline design, regenerative medicine preparation and executive, donor harvesting and closure, recipient-site creation (both sagittal and coronal methods), crown design, graft calculation and planning, and recipient-site practice on a melon model.